maandag 17 augustus 2009

Epic Fail?

So, after some ‘research’ I still don’t have spectacular findings to report.
I’ll just tell you guys how I’ve tried to gather information about these ‘mysterious sea creatures’.
I’ve tried to arrange an interview with a sailor, and therefore I joined a forum for sailors.
Sure enough, there were loads of strange stories on it, but online information isn’t trustworthy. I couldn’t base the conclusion of my ‘research’ on the stories they posted online. I opened a topic myself, in which I asked them if anyone would be interested in an interview. And that’s where it went wrong. I don’t know if I didn’t make myself clear, or if they just ignored what I had posted, but they all started to post their own strange stories instead of replying about the interview.
As a result, I’ve read about strange orbs of light, appearing from nowhere and disappearing in the sky.....I’ve read about strange glowing fishes that can be used as emergency lanterns. But I didn’t get an interview :(
Therefore the only conclusion I can make is the following:
If what I read on the forum is to be taken seriously, then there are still loads of weird tales about the sea, and strange phenomena around it. Yet it remains very difficult to judge the reliability of these stories. Sailors are good at exaggerating their tales, especially when they’ve seen some booze, and because I didn’t get a chance to ask one of them in person (and therefore didn’t get a chance to judge if I was being lied to) I cannot say if any of these great stories are based on true events.

Now,
Because I think this was kind of a pointless research I’ll try to make the next one.... more spectacular. Maybe I’ll need to visit a haunted graveyard at night.......
I’ll update this ASAP

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten